Podcast: Lachlan Nixon of Pacific Channel
Capstone Business Talks is a podcast about the better ways to work and to grow a profitable business.
In this episode, we speak with Lachlan Nixon, Investment Manager at Pacific Channel, about investing in technology start-ups.
Pacific Channel is an early stage investment firm that invests in deep-technology ventures in New Zealand. Since 2006, Pacific Channel has invested over NZD $50 million in New Zealand technology companies.
Please join us for our discussions on the following topics:
- Can you tell us about the successful kiwi businesses that Pacific Channel has invested in?
- What are the most important things you look for in a business when making investment decisions?
- What can a business do to make itself investment ready?
- What characteristics should a company founder look for in an investor?
- As a rule of thumb, what percentage of a business should a founder give away to investors?
- What could the founder do to get the most out of its board?
- Any tips for anyone who is going to be a board director for the first time?
- Do you have any cautionary tales of corporate governance failures?
Partner & CEO
Kenneth is the founding partner of Capstone Law. Kenneth has a MPhil from the University of Cambridge, and he was also awarded the prestigious Dean’s Academic Achievement Award for graduating from the University of Auckland law school in the top 5% of his class. Kenneth has worked at some of the best law firms in the country before starting Capstone Law.
+64 9 555 0386