In these Terms:
- Content means all blogs, videos, articles, podcasts, tools, publications and materials accessible on this Website
- including and similar words do not imply any limit
- Loss includes loss of profits, savings, revenue or data, and any other claim, damage, loss, liability and cost, including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis
- personal information means information about an identifiable, living person
- Underlying System means any network, system, software, data or material that underlies or is connected to the Website
- User ID means a unique name and/or password allocated to you to allow you to access certain parts of the Website
- We, us, our or Capstone Law means Capstone Law Limited
- Website means www.capstonelaw.nz
- You means you or both you and the other person on whose behalf you are acting.
Thank you for using this Website. This Website is owned and operated by us.
By accessing and using any part of this Website, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be legally bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, please do not access or use this Website.
You may book a free consultation with Capstone Law. By attending a free consultation, you agree that you are not Capstone Law’s client and, if you do not formally engage us, you agree that Capstone Law may disclose your information to our future clients.
Copyright in the Content is owned by us and/or its licensors.
Any storage, copying, transmission and/or distribution of the Content is prohibited without our prior written consent.
This Website contains electronic links to external web sites which are not maintained by us. We not endorse and is not responsible for the content of those web sites, and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from reliance on, access to, use of or downloads from those web sites.
The Content is provided without any warranties of any kind. While every effort has been made to ensure the general accuracy of the Content, we cannot and do not warrant the correctness, accuracy and/or reliability of the Content. Where legislation or rule of law implies a condition or warranty that cannot be excluded or modified by contract, our liability for any breach of that condition or warranty is limited to NZD10.
Likewise, we do not warrant that the Content or any electronic functions associated with this Website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
The Content is provided for general information only. No part of the Content constitutes legal or professional advice, or seeks to be an exhaustive statement of the law.
By making the Content available to you:
- we are not providing you with legal services (or other regulated services);
- we are not your lawyer and you are not our client, unless separately agreed; and
- we have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage which may arise from reliance on the Content. You should obtain appropriate legal or professional advice from a competent professional on any particular matter of concern to you.
You indemnify us against all Loss we suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of your failure to comply with these Terms, including any failure of a person who accesses and uses our Website by using your User ID.
We (and our licensors) own all proprietary and intellectual property rights in the Website (including all information, data, text, graphics, artwork, photographs, logos, icons, sound recordings, videos and look and feel), and the Underlying Systems.
You are not required to provide personal information to us, although in some cases if you choose not to do so then we will be unable to make certain sections of the Website available to you. For example, we may need to have your contact information in order to provide you with updates from our Website.
When you provide personal information to us, we will comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
The personal information you provide to us (including any information provided if you register for an account) is collected and may be used for communicating with you, statistical analysis, the marketing by us of products and services to you, credit checks (if necessary), and research and development.
Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, some of the circumstances in which we may do this are:
- to service providers and other persons working with us to make the Website available or improve or develop its functionality (e.g. we may use a third party supplier to host the Website);
- in relation to the proposed purchase or acquisition of our business or assets; or
- where required by applicable law or any court, or in response to a legitimate request by a law enforcement agency.
Any personal information you provide to us may be stored on the secure servers of our trusted service providers, which may be located outside New Zealand. This may involve the transfer of your personal information to countries which have less legal protection for personal information than New Zealand.
You have the right to request access to and correction of any of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
These Terms and all issues arising from, relating to and/or in connection with this Website are governed by New Zealand law.